Once you’ve completed our Mil-Spouse Planning and Self Evaluation workshop, this part of the Military Spouse Foundation (MSF) curriculum offers mil-spouses a choice between two personalized workshops that will further guide you on your career path journey. One workshop is structured for the professional mil-spouse while the other workshop is for the aspiring entrepreneurial/1099 contractor mil-spouse.
The Career Enhancement ProgramTM is a professional workshop provided by career mentors, educators and corporate trainers who are focused on the needs of today’s military spouse. This training helps you develop the tools and skills you need to prepare for, initiate, and pursue a career path of your choosing, regardless of the number of times you move. The Career Enhancement ProgramTM includes instructor-led learning sessions, online peer-to-peer workshops, subject-matter expert engagements and web-based group activities with peers and professional mentors. In this workshop, you accomplish the following:
- Develop and learn to maintain a master resume
- Create a 30-second commercial / “Your Personal Pitch”
- Learn how to research & explore job opportunities
- Practice informational interviewing
- Acquire new skills and relationships that kick-start the hiring process
- Become engaged with today's leading Military Spouse focused recruiters
The second workshop option is the FastTrac® Program for EntrepreneursTM, which is provided by world-renowned Kauffman Foundation. FastTrac® is a practical, hands-on, entrepreneurial learning program that helps you become an entrepreneur or independent contractor and hone the skills needed to create, manage and grow your own successful business. You will receive a certificate upon completion. In this unique program, you accomplish the following:
- Explore entrepreneurship opportunities
- Identify and meet market needs
- Objectively evaluate your concept and plan for starting a business
- Develop a working knowledge of marketing, product/service development, management, and financials
- Begin building a business infrastructure
- A certificate of completion
The FastTrac® Program for Entrepreneurs™ also includes instructor-led learning sessions, online peer-to-peer workshops, subject-matter expert engagement and web-based group activities with peers and professional mentors.
Both the professional and entrepreneurial workshops are hands-on and easy to get started once you’ve completed our initial, complimentary workshop. Mentorship is on-going and does not end when the course is complete. Participating in this program means having life-long contacts within the MSF mentor community.
To learn more about Mil-Spouse Advanced Training and Strategies, click here.
Don't wait. Become part of the program. Join the community and begin your complimentary planning and self-assessment workshop today. Get started